Apr 15, 2009

Less predicting - more collaborating.. - PERSONAL LEARNING NODES #13 (Originally posted to Twitwall on Dec. 08, 2008)

I'm clearing some old notes and here's one I want to share for further reflection. I've written it down while listening to a presentation by Josephine Green (Manager Trends and Strategy, Philips Design) during the International Conference of Finland Futures Research Centre and Finland Futures Academy, Helsinki in June 2005. (The conference website seems not to be available any more.)

-Organizations are living organisms. They adapt to the ecosystem.

-The culture of a living organization = Every member's responsibility includes a role of an innovator:

* every member is responsible for renewing her/himself => this leads into the renewal of the organization

* thinking and acting are duties of each and every member of the organization

-Developing the creative knowledge capital requires systematic models:

1) In order to recognize innovations

2) In order to bring the recognized innovations into practice

In future - managing the future is less prognoses or predicting. It's more and more creating the future as a collaborative learning process.

That conference was the first time when I personally experienced the strong trend of organizational management practice beginning to equal the contents and methods of a learning process i.e. development of a business organization = developing ways of learning, teaching and coaching. Today's reflection showed me, that I've been studying connectivism already several years before I last summer for the first time heard the term. I visualised this in the beginning of the #cck08 course as follows (CC my Flickr). The picture is still valid.

No comments:

Post a Comment