Apr 15, 2009

Connective transformation model - PERSONAL LEARNING NODES #15 (Originally posted to Twitwall on Dec. 10, 2008)

Continuing from yesterday's reflection.. ..having ended up with the idea that connective learning in practice is transformative learning added with - or actually experienced, made real, accomplished with help of - using (micro/photo)blogging as a means of proceeding.

This leads me into the need of defining, what transformative learning means in practice. My theoretical background - summarised a year ago when studying ELECTRA online course for intercultural understanding - is the following:

1) My approach: Learning according to Holistic Cultural Competence Assessment (HCCA) Learning Model (Copyright Lic.Educ. Venla Varis); HCCA Model teaches transformation based on four validated learning objects: Diversity orientation, Team skills orientation, Value competence and Learning strategies.

2) HCCA Model = Change management model

3) In transformative – renewing – learning conscious off-learning is essential. In emergent learning it is significant that all participants understand their responsibility of building confidence and committing to the learning process. Knowledge building is a way to externalize one’s transformative and emergent learning. The process proceeds from individual towards collective – the learning process helps the learner to integrate to new communities by increasing her/his cultural self-awareness. Authentic learning is a way to bind the before mentioned theories to practical working occasions. Meaning and knowledge intensiveness in facilitating for learning takes into account all the above.

4) HCCA Model conducts the learner through the above steps of learning. It starts several simultaneous cognitive processes.

==> I've got the theory. I've got the competence: I've completed the Teacher's Certificate for HCCA Model learning issued by the coordinating partner of the EU Socrates Minerva Programme during which the HCCA model was developed to the first prototype level

==> Before starting the #cck08 course I planned to use HCCA Model as the context and the frame of reference for a case study belonging to my Master's Thesis on industrial management during next spring. I've explored outlines - and a number of details - of connective knowledge in order to understand: Is HCCA Model a connective learning tool?

I've come to and end of one of my personal learning => knowledge building cycles. In addition to the theory and competence, #cck08 course has taught me the 2.0 way of externalizing and sharing my learning.

==> My series of Personal Learning Nodes #1-15 is a practical, reflective case study on my thinking, learning and sharing process for finding the answer to the above question. My approach has 100% based on the HCCA Model way of learning. For the first time I've proceeded in a 2.0 way. The difference in and meaning for my personal learning has been huge.

All this put together is my reasoning for completing my Final Project of #cck08 on evaluating HCCA learning toward the 12 themes of the 12 weeks of #cck08. Both HCCA Model and #cck08 are huge clouds formulated by cognitive nodes split in a mesh like construction. Collecting the Personal Learning Nodes #1-15 has made visible the particular nodes I needed for completing the remaining assignments of the #cck08. As #cck08 was meant to be a living experiment of experiencing connectivism - I consider my learning process so far a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment