Apr 15, 2009

#CCK08 Avatars from other lives than SL?? - PERSONAL LEARNING NODES #2 (Originally posted to Twitwall on Nov. 27, 2008)

Today's snapshot of my learning: I'm confused of what to think of avatar(s) appearing to #cck08 Moodle forums. I mean avatars from other "lives" than Second Life. SL avatars of the #cck08 participants were introduced in the google forums in the very beginning of the course. They have become familiar to other participants beside the live learning personalities - even to participants not currently active in SL like myself.

My today's confusion was caused by me noticing an avatar recently having appeared in #cck08 Moodle forums. A participant using a commercial logo - the Linux Penguin - as an avatar??! Why I'm irritated is that this person is referring to a home location as Finland/ Vaasa and as being a well known in the "corresponding field of research". The blog link leads to nowhere though - re. references, background info etc.

I know I'm not very good in understanding jokes needing an extreme extension of thinking - what the joke part in the story really is. Maybe in this case as well - I should just leave my irritation aside. Or would some kind of reaction/moderation be required? The waste of time caused by someone feeding nonexisting references to threads gathering valid information - is not a welcomed phenomenon. Is it an unevitable phenomenon in open learning forums though??

No comments:

Post a Comment